There are various reasons for DNS Probe finished no internet or DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error, this error is commonly reported error by Google Chrome users either in mac or Pc, so we decided to dig down deep in various forums and found out why this error strikes up.
DNS probe finished no internet error is mostly because of DNS resolver cache or either you are using a wrong DNS server, before we fix the error we need to understand what the problem is;
Make sure you have tried the magical task of turning your router on and off 😛 coming back to the error, check the router settings by going into IP of the router which is mostly
go into DNS settings of your router and make sure you have the right DNS server.
Steps on: How to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet
- Clean Up Google Chrome Cache: browsers often save the cookies,cache to save time while opening the same page again, we can fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error, by clearing cookies,cache,history in Google Chrome, you can do this by going to settings tab(wrench icon) there you can find ‘clear browsing data’,tick the clear cache option too! after this restart the browser and check if it’s solved or you can visit chrome://settings/clearBrowserData to find your browser cache if you are on Chrome,you can also use the shortcut keys CTRL+SHIFT+N just in case you need it 😉
- Uninstall/Deactivate Newly installed VPN: uninstall or stop any newly installed software which might be causing the error.
- Use Google DNS or any third-party: By default our Internet providers would have set a default DNS address for your router, these IPs might not always work,so we can replace the default DNS servers and replace them with Google DNS server IPs, or any third-party IPs, and check if its working, we can do this by logging into modem/router IP which is usually 192.168.1.1 then going into DNS servers and changing them to below given Google DNS ips 22.214.171.124 ;126.96.36.199 after replacing the DNS server, restart the router and check if the problem is solved.
- Flush DNS resolver cache: We can flush the DNS resolver cache by going to Command Prompt and typing in ‘ipconfig/flushDNS’ and hitting enter,once this is done close the browser and try opening it again.
- Netsh winsock reset: we can solve the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error by using this one line command, for this again we need to head to open command prompt, we can do this easily by shortcut WINDOWS+R, then hit enter, then type in the command: netsh winsock reset in the command prompt and hit enter,now close the browser and reopen it and check if the problem is resolved
Other methods to fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error
if you could not fix the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error with the above steps you can use the following commands and check if it fixes the error:
netsh int ip set DNS
netsh winsock reset
NOTE:theres a space between ipconfig and ‘/’
after running all the commands, restart your PC and turn your router on, and try accessing the internet, your error will be resolved.
What might be the cause of DNS Probe Finished No Internet error?
we know that this error is due to DNS server, so we try solving it by flushing DNS, cache,history, or even swapping into a new DNS IP, but there’s no specific reason of why this error occurs, to make sure you don’t get this error again, keep your browsers updated and switch to Google DNS or Open DNS, this way you can also access sites blocked by your Internet Service Provider.
here we have DNS Probe Finished No Internet (or DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet) error solution, hope you found this article helpful, if you could not solve the error,do comment below we will help you out!